GUIDANCE FOR OPERATING
Featured Updates and Resources
The Child Care Coordinating Council (4Cs) of San Mateo County updates their COVID-19 Vaccine Information Page as new resources become available:
- SamTrans provides free bus rides on existing service to COVID-19 vaccination sites for people living or working within San Mateo County. Learn more at https://www.samtrans.com/about/MediaRelations/news/SamTrans_to_Provide_Free_Rides_to_Vaccination_Sites_in_San_Mateo_County.html
CLEANING, DISINFECTING, & SANITIZING
Cleaning Procedures for Countering the Virus
Center for Disease Control and Prevention
The California Department of Pubic Health released guidance allowing necessary in-person child supervision and limited instruction, targeted support services, and facilitation of distance learning in “pods” of up to 14 children and two adults in all schools. The guidance also provides instruction on returning to work or school following a COVID-19 diagnosis and additional childcare guidance. More information can be found here:
(This guidance supersedes prior COVID-19 guidance in the COVID-19 Update Guidance: Child Care Program and Providers dated July 17, 2020.)
Provider Information Notice (PIN)
- PIN 20-22-CCP — Provides responses to the most Frequently Asked Questions from Child Care Providers concerning waivers available for providers who need certain licensing standards waived in order to provide child care that exceeds the limits of an exemption from licensure; and cohorts, group size, and ratios required in licensed and license-exempt child care settings during the COVID-19 health crisis.
- PIN 20-21-CCP — Provides resources to support child care programs in providing services to, and communicating with, children and families in California’s immigrant households during the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic.
- PIN 20-19-CCP — Provides information about Rapid Assistance Support Team (RAST) tele-visits to assist child care facility licensees and providers operating during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- PIN 20-17-CCLD — Provides information on Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act federal relief that may be available to licensees experiencing economic hardship as a result of the COVID-19 emergency.
- PIN 20-17-CCP — Provide an updated safety notice regarding hand sanitizers containing methanol.
- Community Care Licensing’s Child Care Advocate Program has developed a Resource Guide with information to support child care providers with centralized information. Click Here: CCL Resource Guide 09/23/20
The UCSF Collaborative to Advise on Reopening Education Safely (CARES) partners on this webinar series with colleagues in education and public health to ensure a safe and ideal learning environment for children, teachers, staff, and the community during the COVID-19 pandemic.
CARES Webinar Series
San Mateo County Early Learning and Care Reopening Forum
San Mateo County Office of Education
Bipartisan Policy Center — 06.08.20
Early Childhood National Centers — 04.24.20