COVID-19 Child Care Project
Build Up partners with
Child Care Project
Silicon Valley Community Foundation’s Center for Early Learning (CEL) and its trusted partner organizations are proud to announce launch of the COVID-19 Childcare Project in San Francisco, San Mateo and Santa Clara counties to provide private home based childcare providers with the following:
- Emergency grants of up to $10,000
- Navigation and technical assistance in accessing federal and state funding through programs such as the Payroll Protection Program and the Economic Injury Disaster Program
Home-based licensed child care providers in San Francisco, San Mateo and Santa Clara counties that are experiencing financial hardship due to COVID-19.
Preference will be given to providers in priority 1 zip codes who participate in their local quality improvement initiative.
Submit first-round applications no later than May 10. If additional funding becomes available, The COVID-19 Child Care Project will open to additional applications on a rolling basis.
If awarded, funds may be used to cover operating expenses staff retention, rent/mortgage, taxes, insurance, utilities and any other expense related to your typical program operations.
Silicon Valley Community Foundation Center for Early Learning will partner with Low Income Investment Fund (LIIF) as the lead agency to provide navigation and technical assistance to government relief aid, and to administer grants to applicant childcare providers in three counties. LIIF will work closely with these local partners:
- San Francisco Office of Early Care and Education
- San Mateo County COVID-19 Child Care Response Team
- Build Up for San Mateo County’s Children
- Santa Clara County Office of Education (SCCOE)